Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Looking for work, and finishing term one

Only a couple weeks remain before the first term finishes and the winter holidays begin. I'll be staying in the UK, as I am currently looking for work right now since I finally received my National Insurance number. Yay.

I haven't really been up to much, mostly doing my assignments, working on a "book proposal" now, which is just a fancy name for write an essay and give a list of topics that are explained briefly. The topic for that is the United Kingdom and all the changes that have gone on it, such as Devolution, Decolonization, and various other things. After that, I get to make a "poster", again, they're being funny and calling it that because it is just an essay on A3 paper with a map of Germany.

I attended a meet and greet between the exchange students that came to CCCU and the ones from CCCU that want to go on exchange. Only one person was interested in Canada, which we really were not surprised about, well, we were a bit, we figured nobody would be.

After that, I had an enjoyable tea time with some friends from Freeman Court, Riona, Katie, Laura and Anne while we watched the boys clean the kitchen.

Oh, and I did finally hear today that they will be fumigating my flat in order to get rid of the bugs, because the conventional sprays they've been using have had no affect. No idea when they'll do that, but we imagine they will do so in the Winter Holidays because almost nobody will be around (except me :( ), but I'm sure I'll figure out somewhere to stay if I need to leave my flat for a day or two.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment