Thursday, January 20, 2011

Libraries are often my favourite buildings

As you can guess, I found the city library, yes, I was completely unaware that there was an actual city library in Canterbury. Nobody talks about it.. like at all, they only talk about going to Augustine House, for both personal and academic reasons.

It also doesn't help it's on a side street I probably wouldn't have gone down if I hadn't been looking for the library and that it's only a temporary library because the main one is under renovation. However, I did go, it's small, but it's kind of cute. Doesn't have a terrible selection I suppose. I ended up borrowing two books (Sovay by Celia Rees and The Prodigal Mage by Karen Miller) and a movie (Resident Evil: Afterlife). I've enjoyed the movie, and I'm reading through the first book quite happily so I see a win-win situation for myself here.

One of my evening classes had a conflict, so they switched it to an earlier time slot, 3-5 which it was originally, I do very much enjoy the idea that it is earlier, nightfall doesn't come until after 4:30pm now, so I feel a bit more comfortable about walking home. Hoping that it is a permanent change, but we shall see.

London was fun, we explored the various pubs of Fleet Street area, didn't do too many touristy things but I have tons of time, and London is an easy destination plus.. my birthday is coming up in March, the weather might be nicer/more comfortable. So long as I avoid London near the end of April I'll be happy, I don't want to get involved in the mess and chaos that the Royal Wedding is bound to bring. Think it will be a national holiday here, but I don't think I have classes around that time anyways since second term ends at the end of March for me.

It's almost time to buckle down and do my assignments, this weekend for sure (gah).

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you definetly got a good deal with those books and movie! I have been meaning to read a little more myself. Avoiding the wedding day maddness sounds like a good plan, you don't want to be run over by unrully fans.

    ReplyDelete