Thursday, March 3, 2011

I am alive!

Or so it seems anyways, I had planned more updates, but apparently Fate is a fickle mistress, there was a death in the family, Michael came for a visit, I got horribly sick and I have finally returned to the real world, and left the world of feverish deliriums.

I seem to be having a very strange relationship with germs in England, new country, new germs to get to know I guess, because I don't get sick all that often here, but when I get sick, man do I get sick. I have stayed for the most part in my bed, only getting up for necessities like food and when I really needed groceries because I ran out of food, medicine and tissues. Not only was I exhausted, I had fevers as I mentioned earlier, headaches, aches, coughing fits and I lost my voice, you know, everything fun you can get, even a bit of nausea early on. Can't say I remember the days very well, I'm so unsure of the days right now, that I keep thinking it's Friday.

My birthday is also in but a few more days, which is also Pancake day, I don't think I can ask for a better day really, birthday, cake, pancakes, etc. What more could I ask? (aside from all of my friends back home magically appearing to celebrate it over here, but not mastered that technique yet)

Anyways, Wales!

From where I left off last time, we had gotten to Chester after many hours, it was between 2:30pm and 3pm when we finally got there. We didn't get to see much of the town, so we popped into the nearby shop to grab a snack, stretch our legs and in my case, pick up some post cards. Then we got back on the bus and left Chester, I only managed a few pictures of it and they're terrible quality because it was from within the bus and there was window glare. From there, we drove into Wales and through the Welsh scenery (sheep, so many sheep) and made our way to Conwy to check out the Castle and the walls surrounding the town. We took a walk around the walls, they were very old walls and because of that, lots of rough uneven bits and lots of steepness, but the views were really cool!








From Conwy we made our way along the coastline, took a drive around some cliffs, and up some cliffs, didn't get many good quality pictures, again because I was on the bus, but look, here's me! (we stopped for a few minutes)


From here we went on to Llandudno, a nice little town on the Wales coast with a very nice hotel that we stayed in, I didn't get any pictures of the outside, it was dark, but I did get a shot of the room and a bit from outside of the town.




We ate out at a really nice pub, with really nice food, the pies came loaded with gravy with mashed potatoes and carrots on the side, was very tasty, and then it was back to the room to be asleep by 11pm. We ate breakfast at the place we stayed, the owners were really nice people and great cooks.

From there, we drove around the Wales again, first to Caernarfon Castle where we stopped for some photos, and then to Anglesey over the Menai Straights.




Afterwards, we were back on the road to a place with an exceedingly long name:



And I need to stop for now because I need lunch, but stay tuned, hopefully I wont drop off again because I get even sicker.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment