Sunday, March 20, 2011

Winding down

It’s a few days later, but it’s time to talk about my birthday! It was really just an awesome day, International Women’s day, Shrove Tuesday/Pancake day and of course, my birthday! I had a very wonderful time with Emma, Hayley and Sophie, and could not have asked for a nicer birthday!

Where to start, well, I have to admit, because March is just a killer months for assignments for me, I did do homework on my birthday. I did research and a bit of writing for my paper, I also played a bit of Dragon Age later which is always fun. Later on, after everyone had finished what they needed to do, we started to get the pancakes ready for dinner. The day was really uneventful, aside from the bit of homework I just relaxed. I was a bit sad, I couldn’t find any maple syrup for pancake day, but then again, we were making pancakes more similar to crepes than pancakes I’m used to back home, so had some strawberries, bananas, chocolate spread, jam and a few other things to put in the centre.

Afterwards, we pushed our dishes to the side and went off to get ready to go out. I actually wore heels and a dress out, a dress I haven’t had a chance to wear yet, so I was really happy to wear it. Though, originally, the three girls had to push for me to wear it and heels, I was worried I might kill myself on the lovely cobblestone pathways on the way into the city centre. It was kind of chilly that night, but luckily you don’t feel it as much the more you drink and I did definitely have a fair amount to drink that night. The pub we went to was the Penny Theatre, we had considered going to Run of the Mill, the pub I often frequent, but because of the game on that night, it was just too full, the Penny wasn’t much better but the people didn’t stay so long.

Since then I have been lost to the land of homework, with all of my term work being due in this week, or present, except for one that’s due in on the 21st, it’s been a bit of a struggle to get it all finished how I like it. Especially that Africa essay, with the regime changes and the various issues of each country coming to light, it fit into my essay of State Collapse in Africa. The last project that I’m working on is a portfolio of four resource sheets that can be maps or economic statistics sheets. Let’s just say that in the course of doing the maps, my hand is really aching because it is all by hand.

Well, back to it I guess!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment